So this is quite a claim is it not? Cenk, the food blogger behind Cafe Fernando is a big time, serious, foodie chocoholic. So don’t take his boast lightly. When you visit his website you will be impressed.
Some interesting things about this recipe:
- It uses a sweetened condensed milk base, which the more I experiment with, the more I am thinking of as a completely seperate category of true ice creams. The textural qualities it creates are unique.
- No additional sugar is used so all the sweetness comes from the condensed milk.
- This should be obvious, but you will want to use the highest quality bittersweet chocolate and cocoa powder you can.
- You don’t need an ice cream maker to make this ice cream! However by all means use your machine if you want to serve it more quickly.
- I don’t know about it being THE BEST, but the reward for effort ratio is very high. It is a simple recipe that results in great ice cream.
- As Cenk points our do not use more than 2 tablespoons of American corn starch which is different in action from the Turkish version he used.
The Best and Creamiest Chocolate Ice Cream You’ll Ever Have Recipe at Cafe Fernando
The Best Chocolate Ice Cream You Will Ever Eat
Chocolate / 1 quart
Mix Prep Time: 30 min
Freeze Time: 30 min
Total Time: 1 hour